Tickets to the live event are limited due to COVID-19 restrictions and strictly available on a first-come first-serve basis. Online-only event registrations are also now open.
Date: 19, 20, 21 October 2021
Time: 9am-4pm daily
Venue: The Lookout Venue, V&A Waterfront, Cape Town
Cost: FREE. Ticket bookings & registration: http://easycode.com/allfashionregistration
- Led by Art Directors of the Mesee Frankfurt apparel fabrics fair Texworld Paris Louis Gerin and Gregory Lamaud, pertinent insights will be provided around the latest social, cultural, ethical, and environmental fashion industry shifts in our COVID-19 world.
- The effects of these shifts on future consumer behaviour will be explored.
- Texworld Paris is a leading international platform that for apparel fabrics and accessories fair that season to season offers and immense variety of fabric and materials to professional buyers in the fashion industry.
- Other talks will cover top trends driving sustainability focused on the global fashion system gravitating towards greater ecological integrity and social justice.
The 3-day event features a range of industry-focused seminars by influential keynote speakers:
- Official opening, Alderman James Vos – Mayoral Committee Member for Economic Opportunities
- Government textiles roadmap by the Department of Trade & Industry
- City of Cape Town fashion industry, Lance Greyling – Director for Enterprise & Investment
- Journey to sustainability panel discussion by Jackie May – Founder & editor Twyg Media Production, Wendren Setzer - Wren Design, Dr Jaisheila Rajput -Tomorrow Matters Now and Lawrence Pillay, Head of Sourcing at Woolworths
- Your journey in fashion panel discussion, Cyril Naicker – Chief Executive Imprint Luxury, Tania Rossouw and Louis Orlianges - Plain Tiger
- Building your brand, Paul Simon – Co-Founder We Are EGG omnichannel retail platform
- Localization panel discussion - Michael Lawrence - Executive Director National Clothing Retailers Federation South Africa, Nerisha Jairaj – Executive Director SAFLEC, Mahendra Shunmoogam. Director: Policy (Sector Masterplans) Implementation at the Department of Trade, Industry, and Competition: Republic of South Africa
Young Designer Competition:
- Taking place on the 21st October, 15 young designers are offered the opportunity to showcase their skill set and prowess through interpreting a predetermined design brief.
- These fashion and design scholars are either graduating in 2021 or are recently graduated – or fall part of a design internship program.
- Finalists are selected by Imprint Luxury’s Cyril Naicker, Cape Town Fashion Council’s Kerry Lee Bell, fashion mogul Tamburia Chirume, and the Plain Tiger e-commerce team to design on-trend, retail ready looks.
- Daily fashion shows will be attended by a COVID-19 compliant audience and streamed online for virtual viewers.
- Event exhibitors will showcase exclusive ready-to-wear collections worn by international models sporting the latest hair and makeup trends.
- Africa’s rich and authentic heritage will be displayed through participating local brands as the rise of African fashion continues internationally.
All those attending get to experience synergy between the traditional and virtual. By supporting local artisans and businesses South Africans can take a united stand and cast a vote in favour of comradery, adaptation, and connection. This is fashion sourcing, exhibiting, and eventing reimagined.
Owned by Messe Frankfurt, allfashion sourcing Cape Town is a business-oriented marketplace for the textile and fashion industry combining African creativity, design, and manufacturing with international sourcing options.
Registration for the hybrid event is open, you may book your free visitor ticket here http://easycode.com/allfashionregistration
For more details about allfashion sourcing, please visit www.allfashionsourcing.com
For visitor or media related enquiries, please contact Priyanka Lutchman, Senior Marketing Manager of allfashion sourcing on Priyanka.Lutchman@za.messefrankfurt.com
Texpertise Network of Messe Frankfurt
With a unique portfolio of 58 international fairs for the textile sector, Messe Frankfurt is the world’s market leader when it comes to trade fairs for the textile sector. In 2019, around 23,000 exhibitors and approx. 600,000 visitors attended the company’s events around the globe. The portfolio covers the entire value chain of the textile industry and, as the main communication platform, Texpertise Network is a source of information about the world-renowned trade-fair brands and the first-class services provided by Messe Frankfurt.
More information: www.texpertise-network.com
Background information on Messe Frankfurt
Messe Frankfurt is the world’s largest trade fair, congress and event organiser with its own exhibition grounds. The Messe Frankfurt Group employs around 2,500* people in a total of 30 subsidiaries. The company generated annual sales of approximately €250* million in 2020 after having recorded sales of €738 million the previous year. Even in difficult times caused by the coronavirus pandemic, we are globally networked with our industry sectors. We have close ties with our industry sectors and serve our customers’ business interests efficiently within the framework of our Fairs & Events, Locations and Services business fields. One of the Group’s key USPs is its closely knit global sales network, which extends throughout the world. Our comprehensive range of services – both onsite and online – ensures that customers worldwide enjoy consistently high quality and flexibility when planning, organising and running their events. We are expanding our digital expertise with new business models. The wide range of services includes renting exhibition grounds, trade fair construction and marketing, personnel and food services. Headquartered in Frankfurt am Main, the company is owned by the City of Frankfurt (60 percent) and the State of Hesse (40 percent).
For more information, please visit our website at: www.messefrankfurt.com
* preliminary figures 2020