Tickets to the live event were limited due to COVID-19 restrictions. Online-only event registrations are still open:
Date: 19, 20, 21 October 2021
Time: 9am-4pm daily
Venue: The Lookout Venue, V&A Waterfront, Cape Town
Cost: FREE. Ticket bookings & registration: http://easycode.com/allfashionregistration
DAY 1 RECAP:
Alderman James Vos welcomed audience attendees & those online by sharing his office’s goal, namely Cape Town being the go-to African city for business, trade, clothing & textiles.
- Ongoing funding is currently provided for training, skills development, internship, & placement in the city’s clothing & textile sector.
- The Cape Skills & Employment Accelerator project was recently launched, which creates employment for youth & women.
- Additional initiatives are rolling out to attract foreign investment & create more jobs.
- Alderman Vos also stressed the importance of continued COVID-19 vaccinations to restore Cape Town’s economy.
Alderman James Vos, Mayoral Committee Member, added:
“My sights are on new and emerging sectors that will transform the economic geography of our city by broadening diversity.”
- Expert panellists also discussed the importance of localization in the fashion & textiles sector during the pandemic, investment & job creation through localization, & the return of domestic demand.
- The call for an increase in the proportion of locally produced fashion sold in retail stores was also explored in depth.
WHAT TO EXPECT DAY 2:
Panel Discussions on Sustainability:
- Moderated by Jackie May, founder & editor of Twyg, a panel of experts including national chain Woolworth’s Head of Technology and Sourcing - Menswear, will dissect our nation’s journey to sustainability.
- This journey will make South Africa a prosperous & self-reliant nation state that safeguards its democracy by meeting the fundamental human needs of its people.
- Shows will be streamed online next week for virtual viewers & attended by the public & industry heavy hitters.
- Event exhibitors will showcase exclusive ready-to-wear collections worn by professional models sporting the latest hair & makeup trends.
WHAT TO EXPECT DAY 3:
Young Designer Competition in conjunction with Cape Town Fashion Council:
- 15 young designers are offered the opportunity to showcase their skill set and prowess through interpreting a predetermined design brief. Each contestant must design on-trend, retail ready looks.
- Finalists are selected by Imprint Luxury’s Cyril Naicker, Cape Town Fashion Council’s Kerry Lee Bell, ONEOFEACH’s Tamburia Chirume, & Plain Tiger’s Tania Rossouw and Louis Orlianges.
- Now in its 4th year, this revered event features R80,000 worth of prizes.
- This year, the winner will showcase their designs at Texworld, Paris. The all-expenses-paid trip sponsored by Messe Frankfurt is complimented by a R15,000 cash prize sponsored by Cape Town Fashion Council. 1st place runner up wins a R5,000 cash prize.
- Plain Tiger, global platform for the conscious Sustainability Accelerator Program, is sponsoring the winner a slot in their program and a place to sell their creations online with Plain Tiger.
Trend Talk Building Your Brand:
- Hosted by Paul Simon, co-founder of We Are EGG, powerful insights will be shared around online and offline brand building.
Panel Discussion Journey to Fashion:
- Cyril Naicker will discuss Tania Rossouw & Louis Orlianges’ journey into fashion.
All those attending get to experience synergy between the traditional and virtual. By supporting local artisans and businesses South Africans can take a stand for fashion sustainability and eco-conscious localization. This is fashion sourcing, exhibiting, and eventing reimagined.
Registration for the hybrid event is open, you may book your free visitor ticket here http://easycode.com/allfashionregistration
For more details about allfashion sourcing, please visit www.allfashionsourcing.com
For visitor or media related enquiries, please contact Priyanka Lutchman, Senior Marketing Manager of allfashion sourcing on Priyanka.Lutchman@za.messefrankfurt.com
Texpertise Network of Messe Frankfurt
With a unique portfolio of 58 international fairs for the textile sector, Messe Frankfurt is the world’s market leader when it comes to trade fairs for the textile sector. In 2019, around 23,000 exhibitors and approx. 600,000 visitors attended the company’s events around the globe. The portfolio covers the entire value chain of the textile industry and, as the main communication platform, Texpertise Network is a source of information about the world-renowned trade-fair brands and the first-class services provided by Messe Frankfurt.
More information: www.texpertise-network.com
Background information on Messe Frankfurt
Messe Frankfurt is the world’s largest trade fair, congress and event organiser with its own exhibition grounds. The Messe Frankfurt Group employs around 2,500* people in a total of 30 subsidiaries. The company generated annual sales of approximately €250* million in 2020 after having recorded sales of €738 million the previous year. Even in difficult times caused by the coronavirus pandemic, we are globally networked with our industry sectors. We have close ties with our industry sectors and serve our customers’ business interests efficiently within the framework of our Fairs & Events, Locations and Services business fields. One of the Group’s key USPs is its closely knit global sales network, which extends throughout the world. Our comprehensive range of services – both onsite and online – ensures that customers worldwide enjoy consistently high quality and flexibility when planning, organising and running their events. We are expanding our digital expertise with new business models. The wide range of services includes renting exhibition grounds, trade fair construction and marketing, personnel and food services. Headquartered in Frankfurt am Main, the company is owned by the City of Frankfurt (60 percent) and the State of Hesse (40 percent).
For more information, please visit our website at: www.messefrankfurt.com
* preliminary figures 2020